Saturday 28 July 2012

July Glossybox

Well oh well… I am a fan of this month’s Glossybox, that’s for sure. Lots of lovely things in there this month, including some perfect travel companions! I think I had lots of envious ladies when my box turned up at work! So anyway, here’s what I got in this month’s box…



HD brows box in Vamp


I was so excited to see this product in my box. I’ve wanted the HD brow palette for a while now but it was one of those things I never got round to purchasing. I got my palette in ‘Vamp’ which is for darker hair colours. I am quite a light brunette myself, so if I was purchasing this from a store, I would have gone for ‘Foxy’, but I have tried these shades out and they are great for both brows and eye shadows (see swatches below). The packaging is lovely and the compact comes complete with mirror and a little brush. I prefer using my own brush with this palette, especially for my eyebrows, but it is perfect for ‘on-the-go’ touch-ups!




Clynol Colour and Care Enrich Shampoo

I was intrigued when I saw this product after hearing so much about the brand. One positive is, as soon as you start to lather this shampoo into your hair, it just smells amazing! A little bit certainly goes a long way with this product, and even though it’s not the best shampoo I’ve ever used, I liked it. Time will tell if it actually does enhance your hair colour as promised, I haven’t noticed any difference as yet…  

Jelly Pong Pong lip frosting

What can I say about this product? I love love LOVE this lip gloss. It smells AMAZING, it’s a fruit sensation (did I just say that?!) This is one product in this month’s box that I know I’ll definitely be purchasing! It’s quite a sheer gloss with a pinkish tint, but certainly perfect for day to day wear. I can't wait to try this over some of my favourite lipsticks. My only worry is it seems like it might be a bit sticky... may not be the best lip gloss for a windy day!




Golden Glow Body Bronzer by Monu

I’m a big fan of gradual tanners so was happy to see this in the box, however I haven’t been too impressed so far. Now, I have to admit, as I have a bit of a tan at the moment anyway, I might not be seeing this products full potential, but I thought it would be more noticeable that it actually was with one application. Another thing I wasn’t impressed with was the smell, it’s a bit odd, I couldn’t place it at first. It’s definitely not a ‘fake tanney’ kind of smell but not sure how to describe it either. One thing i do love about this product is the ingredients, I'm a big fan of Shea butter and how it feels on my skin, so this was a bonus in the tanner. Anyway, I’m going to give this product another try when I’m slightly paler.

Elizabeth Arden Skin Balancing Lotion

I must admit Elizabeth Arden is not somewhere I usually turn to for skincare. I have a few make up products but only ever tried samples of the other items. I have not tried this lotion as yet, but am certainly looking forward to using it. I have combination skin which can be hard to control, especially in the summer. This lotion promises to control the moisture levels to leave your skin healthy and balanced. I'll certainly be giving it a go over the next week or so. 


As a bonus this month we also received a sample pack of the different skincare products from Elizabeth Arden's Visible Difference line. I'll be teaming these with the skin balancing lotion to get a true idea on the line. 


So all in all, a good Glossybox this month! Interested to hear other peoples opinions on these products and what you got in yours?

0 comments. Click here to comment:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs