Friday 2 August 2013

Batiste XXL Plumping Powder

The ‘backcomb’ trend has been around for quite some while now, and I have to admit, I've been a fan. My hair is very fine, and can look quite limp and lifeless, so I love giving it a little boost and adding some volume!
Since too much backcombing without the proper treatment can break and damage your hair, and not to mention be a right pain to brush out, it was only a matter of time before an alternative swept on to the scene. And so the root boosting powder was released.

Amidst the other products released, I noticed Batiste have released their own version. Normally known for their popular range of dry shampoos, which I think we’ve all come to rely on, I had big hopes for this product to live up the brands fame.


The theory behind these powders is you sprinkle a little at the roots and style your hair as required. The powder forms as almost sticky (although it doesn’t feel that sticky), and allows you to add volume to your hair, which then holds in place. I find just teasing your hair at the roots with your fingers gives good lift and for extra volume you can part the hair into sections and apply the powder throughout.


I’ve tried some of the higher priced versions of these but to me, this one is just as good. It’s on offer in Boots at the moment for £2.99. Go grab one quick for next weekend’s hair boost! :) 

Who else has tried one of these products? Or would you prefer to just backcomb?

0 comments. Click here to comment:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs