Thursday 6 March 2014

Tanya Burr Lips & Nails

 Tanya burr is a well known name in the beauty world. Renowned for her amazing makeup tutorials, intuitive blog posts and letting us watch her life journey through her daily vlogs. And let’s be honest, we’re all wishing we were invited to as many red carpet events as she is (or any at all in fact!). She’s done so well for herself and is a true inspiration to so many girls.

When she announced she was releasing her own product line in association with Eye Candy, I knew it’d be great. Beauty products created, branded and released by someone who lives and breathes beauty? They were already bound for success.


The first thing I loved about the range was the names Tanya had chosen for each of her products. If you subscribe to Tanya on YouTube you’ll know the names have been inspired by her loves and interests, which makes the brand so personal.

I picked up two of the lip glosses, one in a light pink shade called Afternoon Tea and a darker pink shade with a slight glitter named Aurora (anything with a Disney princess name needs to be purchased in my opinion!). I’m not normally a fan of lip glosses due to many of them feeling quite sticky and not lasting as long as a lipstick might. Saying that, I actually really like the formula of these glosses, they remind me a lot of the NYX lip glosses which I also favour.


Aurora
Afternoon Tea
Two of the nail polishes also found their way in to my Feelunique basket, a lovely peach/pink colour called Mini Marshmallows and a pillar box red called Mischief Managed. Being a huge Harry Potter fan, I was immediately drawn to the latter and wanted it in my collection. I only needed two coats to get a good coverage and nice colour on my nails and with a good top coat, (I use Sally Hansen’s Insta Dry), my nails were chip free for days.

Mini Marshmallows

Mischief Managed
Overall I’m really impressed with the line, and I like the fact that the products are budget friendly! They retail at £6.99 for a lip gloss and £5.99 for a nail polish, and you can’t really argue with those prices. You can buy her products online from Feelunique or both online and in store at Superdrug, but I’m sure that’ll be expanding soon. Well done Tanya, it just shows you that beauty blogging/vlogging and a lot of hard work can fulfil your dreams! 

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I can't wait to get my hands on some of Tanya's products. Mini Marshallows and Afternoon Tea are defo on my wishlist!! Aurora looks so pretty too :)

    http://meltedglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fantastic, i can't wait to pick up some more colours! :) Thanks for reading! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm not a big lip gloss fan but I'll definitely be getting some of the nail varnishes :)
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nail varnishes are lovely, i'm looking to get a few more colours myself! :) xx

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs