Thursday 1 October 2015

Keep Calm and Lip Balm

It's no secret that I am a huge fan of the Maybelline baby lips, I have one in my bag, one on my desk, one in my car... you get the picture. I was really happy when they became available in the UK last year, even if they are very overpriced compared to the US ($1 in Target vs £2.99 in Boots!). It was only a matter of time before other brands released similar a product. Rimmel did just that.



Cleverly named 'Keep Calm and Lip Balm', Rimmel have tied the 'baby lips' phenomena to the very English slogan. I picked up a couple of these balms on offer in Boots quite a while a go and have really enjoyed using them.

Keeping with the theme, they are named Keep Calm and Play which is a coral colour and Keep Calm and Rock which is a dark fuchsia colour.

There isn't really much colour pay off with these, but they are very moisturising and give a tint of colour. They also contain SPF, so perfect for taking on holiday if anyone's planning on catching some winter sun. 

Rimmel have price matched these balms to the Maybelline Baby Lips, which definitely puts them up against each other. I really like these balms, and can see them selling well, but will they end up as a cult beauty product, probably not if I'm honest. However, they are perfect for travelling, and carrying around in your handbag, mine will be accompanying me over the winter for sure.  

0 comments. Click here to comment:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs