Wednesday 12 February 2014

Next Route Style Eye Makeup Competition

I was approached by the lovely Roch and Tash from Next Route Style blog to enter an eye makeup competition they were running. I immediately jumped at the chance! What a great way to get involved and of course do what we all love, get creative with make up. And with a £20 Feel Unique voucher and post on their blog up for grabs, it was added incentive!

I didn't really plan my look, but I knew I wanted to go wth a smoky cat eye effect and got more ideas as I went along. Here's what I created.



And here's a little snippet of some of the products I used for this look.


How to get this look... 

1. I always prime my eyelids before using any shadow, my choice was the NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. 

2. I then went in with a NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in the colour Horseradish. I applied it straight from the stick, all over the lid and blended the edges with my finger. 

3. Using a Mac 239 brush I applied Macs gorgeous green colour called Humid all over the lid and blended with a clean Mac 217 brush until neat. 

4. Then I added some of Macs Black Tied to the outer edges of my eye and winged it out slightly following the shape of my eye. I also took some Black Tied under the lower lash line. I then used another 217 to blend that all together.

5. I then used YSL's Shocking Eyeliner on my top lash line, winging it out and joining to the bottom lashes.

6. For my water line, I wanted to keep with the green smokey theme, so used Urban Decay's 24/7 Eye Pencil in the colour Mainline.

7. I applied Bourjois Volumizer mascara in Ultra Black to my top lashes. This mascara is great for building volume as it has two steps which adds different amounts of mascara to the wand.

8. For my bottom lashes I applied Clinique's Bottom Lash Mascara.

9. Lastly I added some Eyelure lashes in number 101 using the Duo lash glue. 


If you like my look, then please please vote for me on Next Route Style's blog post by leaving my name Kayleigh Goddard as a comment.  Click HERE... It's that simple. 

I appreciate all votes, and good luck to all the girls in the competition, there's some really great make up skills that have been showcased during this comp.

And thats to Roch and Tash for running this comp, i've really enjoyed doing it! 

0 comments. Click here to comment:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs