Sunday 20 January 2013

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Dupe?

I think we're all familiar with Bobbi Brown's gorgeous range of make up, and especially the best selling and so popular Shimmer Brick compact. I've wanted one of the shimmer bricks for a long time now, but at £32, and having other products in my collection that are similar, it's stopped me from running out and purchasing. 


The compact pictured here is in the colour 'Bronze' which I've always preferred as it has the prettiest mix of browns, reds, but still has the lighter colours. These compacts really do have the most gorgeous shimmer to them, and look so pretty on a night out and are perfect for popping in your handbag.

I was out shopping with my friend in Sheffield, when I came across a brand I hadn't seen before in Superdrug called 'Famous'. I've never seen this in the Manchester store, and it has such a great range of products for reasonable prices. I saw a range of shimmer bricks, under the brand 'Shining Star'.


All the compacts are named after lady pop icons. I got mine (which I couldn't help picturing in the lovely snow) in the shade 'Lady Shimmer', presumably after Lady Gaga. You can also pick these up in Mariah, Rihanna and Beyonce. Anyway, a quick swatch in store told me that this product gave the most gorgeous shimmer and was very highly pigmented. I also love that the compact has a mirror, perfect for taking on nights out.

The great thing about this product is the price. They are normally £6.49, which is great, but I picked this up in the sale when it was just £3.24! Amazing!

You can view all this range in certain Superdrug stores, or online on the Famous website. I love this compact and will definitely be trying a few more items from the line soon.

As for whether it's a true dupe of the Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks? I can't say as I don't own the Bobbi Brown one, but I haven't got a bad word to say about this product and think if your on a budget, it seems like a perfect substitute. Although I do think the darker colours from Bobbi Brown look more wearable for the paler skin, but again, this is just my opinion.

Let me know if anyone has tried both and has a preference? :)

0 comments. Click here to comment:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs