Wednesday 5 June 2013

May Favourites

It’s the beginning of June and time to reflect on products I've been loving for the last month. This month has been super busy for me, and I’ve found myself using the same products, so picking my favourites this month has been quite easy.



I have been loving using this oil recently. I used to swear by my Damage Reverse Ojon oil, but after trying this I’m torn between the two! I use this on dry hair daily to finish off the styling. It smells amazing and has really made a difference to my hair. I’ve wrote a full review on this product which you can read here.



I couldn't resist picking up this eyeliner recently in duty free, due to the fact I love YSL’s Shocking mascara so much. I absolutely love this eyeliner, the precision and definition it gives on the upper lash line is immaculate. It’s so easy to use and although it doesn’t say it’s waterproof, it doesn’t budge all night. I wrote a full review on this product, which you can read here.
 



Again, I picked this duo up in the airport on a recent trip and literally haven’t stopped wearing it since. It’s perfect for daytime or just a subtle look for night. It has a light pearl shade which I use all over the lid, then a dark brown colour which I use through the crease for definition. I was pleasantly surprised with the darker colour as it looks more like a dark plum on me and is a really pretty colour. As always with Estee Lauder, the packing is beautiful and comes complete with a mirror and little two ended applicator.




I’d not used this product for such a long time until I picked it up again earlier this month, and I’d forgotten just how much I love these stains, and especially this colour. It’s a lovely vibrant fuchsia colour, but is really wearable at the same time. I love how you only have to apply this product once, and it gives you colour all night. I do reapply to get the balmy effect, but you really don’t need to. Great product with fab wearability.

L-R - Revlon Lip Stain in Lovesick and Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple

Red lipsticks scare me… and I think I’m not alone in the world when I say that. However I’ve found the perfect one for me in the shape of this lip butter from Revlon. I love the lip butters anyway as they’re so moisturising, and give great colour. I usually only wear this particular colour whilst I have a bit of a tan, so have been loving wearing it this month. It’s not a really vibrant red, so I think it’s quite wearable, and if you’re looking for a subtle, slightly glossy red, this is definitely for you.



I only recently starting wearing cream blushers, again whilst I have a bit of a tan. I absolutely love this range from Topshop, they have the prettiest colours and the formula is perfect for easy application. They seem to have got it just right with the amount of pigmentation. I’ve been loving this particular colour this month as it gives a lovely pink flush across the cheek. I definitely want to try other cream blushers, any suggestions?


This is something else that I haven’t used in a long time which I’ve rediscovered. I used to apply my foundation with this brush and absolutely loved it, but recently I’ve been favouring the Real Techniques buffing and expert face brushes for this task. I also have a couple of Sephora brushes I enjoy using for foundation application. I picked up the stippling brush again to apply cream blusher, and it works so well. It blends the colour perfectly, and picks up just the right amount of product. Who else loves Real Techniques brushes?



I can’t speak highly enough about this cream, it has been an absolute god send this month while my skin has felt dried out from the sun. I’m looking forward to trying other products from the range to see if they’re as good. I wrote a full review on this moisturiser here.


Again this product has been great this month while I’ve been more tanned than usual. We all know when our skins tanned, it’s effectively damaged, and that’s why we have to work so hard at keeping it hydrated when we get home from hols. This body butter does just the job with minimal effect. It feels really thick and luxurious, smells absolutely amazing and sinks in to my skin beautifully.



I have been wearing this fragrance for years, and seem to pick it up again every spring. It’s such a pretty floral smell and is perfect for the summer months. I always think it smells so fresh on my skin, and I have received lots of compliments on the scent since wearing it again. The bottle is gorgeous and I love the flower bottle top, it looks lovely on my dressing table. If you like pretty, girly, floral scents, then I would definitely recommend this perfume.

Have you tried any of these products? What have your monthly favourites been?

0 comments. Click here to comment:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs