Tuesday 28 May 2013

Moroccan Oil Light - The new Ojon?

For the past couple of weeks I’ve been loving using the Moroccan Oil Light Treatment on my hair. Now, I am a massive fan of the Ojon oils, especially their Damage Reverse range and have been faithful to that oil for a long long time. Has this oil converted me? Possibly! Big words, I know.

I’d heard so much about this oil, but being Ojon faithful, I didn’t try it out for a long time. I can honestly say it definitely lives up to the hype. I got the Light version of the oil, as my hair is quite fine and I don’t like to weigh it down with too much product. You can use the oil on either dry or damp hair, I tend to use it on dry hair after styling just to give it that extra boost and shine. You only need a couple of drops in the palm of your hand, warm the oil gently by rubbing your hands together, then run your fingers through your hair concentrating on any problem areas.



The biggest difference I’ve noticed is how this seems to help the ends of my hair. I ombre my hair, so the ends tend to be very dry. I always thought that once your hairs damaged, that was it, you’ve had it, but I have really seen an improvement in the rehydration and my hair looks genuinely healthier! Another bonus is the smell, OMG, it smells amazing! It could actually become addictive applying this stuff it smells that good.




 Anyway, want to know about the slight downsides? For one, the price. I paid £12.85 for a 25 ml bottle, or you can get a 100ml bottle for £30.45. Ojon is a similar price at £22 for a 50ml bottle. Is it worth the higher price tag? Personally, I’d say yes. I use the oil a lot, and the bottle still looks like I haven’t even touched it. But obviously both these brands are competing with the cheaper argan oils, which you can pick up for around £5. Another thing I prefer Ojon for is you get a pipette to dispense their oil, but with the Moroccan, it’s just a bottle, so you have to be careful not to pour too much out. I’m sure you could get a pump to fit it though, so it’s not a major issue for me.

Overall, I’m really enjoying using this product and will definitely be repurchasing when the time comes. I still love my Ojon oil too though, so I’ll have to find space for both these products on my dressing table! Anyone else tried this oil? What’s your opinion? :)

0 comments. Click here to comment:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs