Monday 10 February 2014

L'Oreal Fibrology Hair Trio

My quest for fuller, thicker hair has been ongoing for years now. I buy products which promise the world, then after a few applications my hair is still limp, lifeless and as flat as a pancake. Massive sighs! Regardless of my past failings I still can’t resist, so when I saw this new shampoo and conditioner that L'Oreal had released, I had to give it a go.


Boots were offering the shampoo, conditioner, and a thickening booster treatment for an introductory offer price of £10, so I snapped up all three. My hope was heightened when the cashier exclaimed she was using it and it had actually worked really well for her. 

The science behind this new release is a little ingredient called Filloxane. Apparently this has been proved to penetrate the tiny fibres in your hair, which then expand, leaving your hair looking fuller and thicker! Still not sold? Well, they say this has a long lasting effect, and that is what we all want from a product of this type right?

I used the shampoo, rinsed, then the idea with the thickening booster treatment is you add it to your conditioner before applying it to your hair. Now, it is quite a small tube, and I can't imagine it lasting more than 4-5 washes to be honest. You don't have to use that of course, all the products contain Filloxane, but if you wanted the extra boost, it could get pricey as that costs £5.99 on its own!

I might be incredibly optimistic, or maybe all the hype around this product had gone to my head, but my hair actually felt thicker in the shower while rinsing the conditioner out. It was a little scary how (if) it had worked that quickly. 

I've been using this for a week or so now, and can honestly say I do see some results. Even though I do use other thickening products as well when styling my hair, I think this product has definitely helped. 

All in all, loving this new find and will definitely be continuing with it to see the long term effects. You can buy or see the other products in the range on Boots website here. Anyone else tried this? What's your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. We're the same, wanting fuller, thicker hair! Sounds excellent; we've never tried this thickening range - you got a bargain too, even better :-)

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really great, loved using it. I think the offers still on, grab it while you can! :) xx

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs