Wednesday 22 August 2012

August Glossybox

Yay.... Glossybox time! I absolutely love Glossybox day, it's so exciting to see whats in the box and if there's any gems you discover and want to use permanently! Last couple of boxes haven't disappointed. I must admit, I was slightly half and half on this box! Here's what was in it...


Alessandro Pro White Nail Varnish

I haven't actually tried this product yet, as I'm still wearing a nail colour but am excited to try it. I love wearing nail varnish and often find my nails 'off colour' when I come to remove it. This nail varnish promises to brighten and whiten tired nails when used regularly. I'm definitely hoping it works well! 


Lipcote Lipstick Sealer

I actually really like this product, and used to own it years and years ago. It's basically a sealant to apply after your lipstick to ensure it lasts. Now, these days i haven't felt as much of a need considering so many of my favourite lipsticks or lip stains actually stay for a long time anyway, but certainly looking forward to using this product again. 

Glossybox Lipstick

I must admit, after the Glossybox brush we received a couple of boxes ago (I had brush hairs all over my face with first use), I was sceptical! Yet I actually really love this lipstick. The colour is called Glossy Pink, and that is a spot on name. It's a lovely colour, feels really moisturising and the packaging looks really nice. Will definitely be using this soon. 


Vera Valenti - L'ombre a Paupiere Magarita

This particular item is what was really disappointing for me. As soon as I saw this product, it reminded me of something I used to buy from the market when I was 11. It looks really cheap and although the eyeshadow colours are OK, they aren't very pigmented making them incredibly hard to apply. Not a fan if I'm honest, bit disappointing. 



All for Eve for the Eve Appeal Balm

I think this product is actually quite nice, it is quite compact with a little mirror and is really moisturising and easy to apply. The thing I'm not sure about; the smell! It's hit or miss, a lot of people may love it while to me it smells a bit 'off'.  Saying that, I think it's great that they raise funds and awareness for gynaecological cancer. Any products that are supporting charities are great products in my opinion. This has been in my handbag since Glossy day! :)

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

This is definitely the winning product for me, hands down! I've never been a fan of oil based cleansers, always preferring cream based, but this truly has me hooked. Just one application removed all my make up (including all mascara traces) leaving me feeling really refreshed! Love it! And this size is perfect for travelling. I'm going away for work next week and this will be perfect! No more carrying make up removers, cleansers etc etc. Just this, then a good toner and moisturiser! Perfect! Definitely my fave item!

So all in all, a mostly positive box for me this month. What did you get in yours? I'm disappointed i didn't get the imPress nails though like some did. Did you get the same items as me?

0 comments. Click here to comment:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs