Tuesday 7 August 2012

My Saviour Lip Trio

So if you have been reading my past posts you will know I have incredibly dry lips and have to moisturise quite regularly. Luckily for me, I have found a special little trio which works really well for me! A lip scrub from Lush, NUXE lip balm and a lip butter by Korres.

Left to Right, Lush Lip Scrub in Bubblegum, Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine and NUXE Reve de Miel Lip Balm


We all hate having chapped lips and so did I until I found this little gem! I love visiting the Lush store anyway as the staff are always super friendly and helpful and i just adore their products. I came across this while shopping and decided to give it a try. Wow-wee is it amazing! You get a little bit on your finger and gently rub all along your lips. The lip scrub exfoliates and removes all dead skin, leaving your lips refreshed and ready for action. The other thing I love is the smell, OMG, it's amazing, and the best bit is you get to lick off the product after you've scrubbed and it tastes gorgeous like sweets! All in all, this is going to be a staple favourite of mine for a long time and fingers crossed it never gets discontinued!!!


For a day to day lip balm with a hint of colour, you can't beat the range from Korres. I normally wear the colour Jasmine, as pictured, which has a very light tint of pink in it but you can get many colours with varied pigmentations. This lip balm has a buttery finish, glides on so easily and gives a lovely shine to the lips. They have shea butter in them, which i simply love in any product and this really helps hydrate the lips. Using this after the lip scrub is just the perfect combination. Again with this, i love the smell. It reminds me of strawberry and cream Chupa Chup lollies! Mmmm! :)


Now the NUXE lip balm, in my opinion is definitely the most effective. However the consistency is a lot thicker than other lip balms, so for that simple fact I prefer to wear this at night. I apply it after my nightly skin care regime and when i wake up in the morning the balm is still there and my lips feel refreshed and moisturised. I have worn this in the day before, but not when I plan on wearing a lipstick or lipgloss as well that day. It's slightly more expensive than other lip balms rocking in at the £9.50 mark, but you do get 15g worth of product, so I think it's well worth it! I use it every day and not hit the bottom yet.


Left to Right, Lush Lip Scrub in Bubblegum, Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine and the NUXE Reve de Miel

So that is my daily lip care routine and it's working really well for me at the moment. I've been wearing so many more lipsticks and glosses due to the excellent condition of my lips. What balms do you use? I might be swayed to try it out! :)

0 comments. Click here to comment:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs